If you are a fan of music or you love the sound system on your home cinema to be pitch-perfect, then you might have looked at getting some wireless speakers.
The great thing about ceiling speakers is how versatile they are. You can mount them on brackets or drill holes in the ceiling and have them poking through.
These speakers, despite not having any wires, will give you some of the most crystal clear sounds that you can get. If you are looking to drive up the bass or increase the treble, then you’ll be able to do that with these speakers. There is nothing that you cannot achieve with these speakers that you can’t with any others.
When you are looking for speakers, you’ll want something that is very easy to install as well as configure with your main hi-fi system. However, you’ll need to make sure that your speakers are very compatible, as you can get some that will give you less than superior sound quality.
If you are shopping for a decent pair of speakers, then having a pair that is very durable will be very important. Even though your speakers will be mounted on the ceiling, they’ll still suffer from the wear and tear that you’d get from ordinary floor-mounted speakers.
So where can you find the best wireless ceiling speakers? What features do they need to have to give you superior sound quality?
What is the best material for a wireless speaker to be made from? How can you connect them with your hi-fi? How much will you have to pay for a wireless speaker system?
Well, if you are looking for the answer to these questions and a lot more, then we would suggest that you keep reading.
We have compiled a list of the 4 best wireless ceiling speakers that you can currently find on the market, along with a buyer’s guide and some frequently asked questions to help you find the right speakers for your needs.
Our first set of speakers comes with a very dynamic 8-inch subwoofer that you can be sure will give you the best sound.
This comes with 2 speakers that you can distribute in different corners of the room, which will evenly distribute the sound and give you total multi-directional immersive audio – introducing the Polk Audio RC80i.
This set of speakers is completely moisture resistant, which is perfect if you are working in a small and humid environment where water can damage the delicate internal organs of the speaker. This comes with a revolving tweeter and a decent subwoofer that you can connect to the main hi-fi with your Bluetooth.
This comes with a great installation manual that will indicate exactly what you’ll need to do with your speakers to maximize the audio quality.
This can really boost the bass on your hi-fi, although some people have reported that it struggles with the mid-range bass. This is the best speaker system for newbies who might be new to the world of audio hardware.
- This is a wireless ceiling speaker that is very easy to install, giving you everything that you need for a solid setup and finish.
- This comes with a revolving tweeter that will ensure that all the sound is equally distributed across the room.
- This is a ceiling speaker system that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a decent output. It comes with a very strong Bluetooth signal.
- This comes with an easy-to-understand installation manual, which makes it very easy to set up and pack away at the end of the day.
- This might have trouble getting the mid-range bass, which might be problematic for anyone who likes to play dance music.
- GET SEAMLESS AUDIO QUALITY & POLK'S EXCELLENT SOUND REPRODUCTION with these timbre-matched overhead speakers that elevate the sound quality. ADD TO YOUR EXISTING HOME THEATER SETUP or build your own Polk collection for THE SAME GREAT POLK SOUND EVERYWHERE
- EXPERIENCE MORE BALANCED & LIFELIKE SOUND – Features an 8" Dynamic Balance woofer & a 1" aimable tweeter for more depth & detail in your music. Mineral-filled polymer cone & strong composite driver baskets create wider dispersion for EVEN-SOUND COVERAGE
- THE RUBBER SEAL DRIVES better response and PREVENTS MOISTURE ACCESS, a key feature for USE IN A BATHROOM, KITCHEN, SAUNA AND COVERED PORCH
- OUT OF THE BOX & RECESSED INTO THE CEILING - no mess, no extra assembly - in 3 simple steps QUICKLY & EASILY INSTALL these speakers. Leave the paintable aluminum grilles as is or spray paint to MATCH YOUR EXISTING INTERIOR and virtually make them disappear
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP, has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and entertainment systems. They bring out the BEST IN TECHNOLOGY, so you can SIT BACK, RELAX AND LISTEN WITH YOUR HEART!
Next up, we have the brand Klipsch, which is known for making some premium speakers that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a solid bass and great volume.
These speakers are certainly classed in the luxury zone, although once you have them, you won’t find a more durable, long lasting or high-performance model – introducing the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II.
This pair of speakers has a 2-way system that will be simply amazing for your surround sound in your home movie system.
It comes with a 1-way dome tweeter that you can be sure will give you plenty of immersive sounds. This also comes with a subwoofer that packs plenty of punch and comes with its own impressive subwoofer system.
This comes with a wireless system that will be completely reliable, especially if you are going to be playing sound constantly and you want to make sure your volume doesn’t cut out. The same goes for home movies. There’s nothing worse than watching a film where the volume cuts out sporadically.
- This comes with a 2-way system that will evenly distribute the sound of your music or your home movie throughout the house.
- This comes with a hefty subwoofer that you can be sure will give you a massive boost of power. It also comes with its own battery supply.
- With this speaker system, you can play really loud without experiencing any significant distortion. This is great if you enjoy your music loud.
- This will create a totally immersive experience, with the sound coming from a three-dimensional space.
- This might be a little too pricey for anyone who is not that into their audio experience. If you do want ceiling speakers, then you can get a pair with similar features, but at less cost.
- 1” Titanium Tweeter
- 6.5" Pivoting Cerametallic Woofer
- Horn-loaded technology
- Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT)
- Treble and midbass attenuation switches
Next up, we have a model that you can put in the ceiling or the wall, coming with a mighty 8-Ohm woofer and a 6.5-inch speaker. This is great if you want to increase the audio capabilities of your home cinema system.
This comes with 6.5-inch speakers and a titanium dome tweeter – introducing the Pyle Pair 6.5-inch Flush Mount In-Wall In-Ceiling 2-Way Home Speaker System.
This will help you to circumvent the electricity system a lot easier, with a 70-volt transformer that you can be sure will give you plenty of power over the long term.
This comes with audio that you can crank up to the maximum without having any distortion or fuzz, which is great if you like to listen to your music loud.
This comes with bass-heavy audio, so if you like to listen to dub or dance or other bass-dense music, then we would certainly recommend this system. This speaker is designed to integrate well with your surroundings, making it the ideal unit to have in your home.
- This speaker system is one of the best that you can get on the market, coming with a speaker system that is made from titanium.
- You can have these speakers installed on the ceiling or in the wall, it will give you everything that you need for a super-deluxe sound system.
- If you want something that will blend in with the decor of your home, then you really can’t go wrong with these speakers. They are designed to blend in well with your home.
- This is ideal for a home entertainment system, coming with plenty of bass and treble to create a completely immersive cinema experience.
- This might be a little difficult to install, as you will have to factor in the titanium element with your house’s surroundings.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION - Perfect for existing home theater systems this Pyle 2-way in-ceiling or in-wall speaker system delivers incredible stereo sound to any room in your home from speakers you can barely see without using any floor or shelf space
- EASY TO INSTALL - Includes a cut-out size template and quick connect spring-loaded speaker terminals for simple, easy, no hassle installation, in any room, delivering a full rich sound without cluttering floor space
- SPEAKER GRILL - Built in round stain resistant speaker grills. Match existing flush mounted designs in your home or workplace for a clean look & achieve wide-range sound performance without compromise
- FLUSH MOUNT DESIGN - Compact flush mount design for simple easy installation in-wall / in-ceiling , or pre-cut speaker openings, for in home use, office, professional, or custom audio applications on any flat surface
- HIGH QUALITY - Pair of 6.5'' reinforced polypropylene cones with suspension cloth & 1/2'' High Compliance Polymer Tweeter. Enjoy a more consistent & enhanced sound field with full range stereo surround sound reproduction
Finally, we have a set of speakers that are designed by one of the best manufacturers of top-notch audio equipment that you can currently find on the market.
These speakers come with reviews from thousands of people, which is a testament to the quality and workmanship of this product – introducing the Bose Virtually Invisible 791 In-Ceiling Speaker II.
This comes with grills that you can easily paint over. So if you are struggling to find some speakers that fit in with your system, then you can’t go far wrong with these. These speakers can handle up to 100W of power, meaning that you can really crank up the volume without worrying about them blowing out.
If you want a set of speakers that will integrate with your home decor, then we would certainly recommend these for the fact that they can paint over the front grills. This means that if you have a wall that does not match with the speakers, then you can always adapt them to merge in with the background.
- This comes with grills on the front that you can paint easily, making them one of the best speakers to integrate with your home.
- This comes with an impressive sound system that you can be sure will handle large watts worth of power.
- This comes with a subwoofer that is around 5-inches. So if you like a thundering bass, then you can rig up this to your floor.
- These are some of the easiest speakers to set up, all you have to do is hook them up to the wall and sync up the Bluetooth with your hi-fi system.
- You might not want to go through the hassle of painting your speakers to fit in with the decor, rendering this feature slightly useless.
- The best Bose in-ceiling speaker has one 7" woofer and two strategically positioned 1" tweeters
- High-quality, full-range performance that most other installed speakers can't match
- Exclusive Stereo Everywhere speaker performance covers the room with balanced stereo sound-no drop-offs
- A near-bezel-less construction blends elegantly into the room's design; easily paintable grilles
- Standard dogleg clamps and magnetically attached grilles make installation fast and easy
When you are picking up your first pair of Bluetooth ceiling speakers, then you’ll need to be aware of a number of things.
The main reason you’ll want one of these speakers is for either a music system or a home cinema system. You’ll also need to think about the size of your room and the amount of volume that you want.
Here are some things that you’ll want to be thinking about when investing in your own home cinema speaker system:
How Much Do They Cost?
We chose the above ceiling speakers based on how much they will cost you. You can find yourself spending anywhere between $50 and $500 for a great ceiling speaker system.
This will all depend on what your budget is and the type of sound quality that you want. You’ll generally be paying a lot more money for a better sound system.
If you are looking to save yourself some money, then you might have to cut back on some of the luxury features as well as the sound quality. However, if you do have the cash to flaunt, then we would suggest that you pick something a little higher on the price spectrum.
How Good Is The Audio Performance?
You always have the choice between mono and stereo speakers, although we imagine that most users will want to opt for the latter. If you are going to go with mono, then you can only expect the sound to come from two speakers, so you’ll need at least two to get the sound quality that you are looking for.
If you get just a single speaker that is capable of stereo, then you’ll at least have a decent sound quality, although we would recommend that you get more than one if you want to place them around your home.
Where Are You Placing the Speakers?
This might be the most important question that you’ll want to ask yourself, as there are many variations that you can have for your speaker system.
If you want that complete surround sound effect, then we would suggest having 4 speakers, one for every corner of the room to get complete coverage.
The size of the room will also factor into how you want to place them. If you have a larger room, then you might want to have the speakers condensed over the sitting area so that the sound is not too diluted by the larger space.
What Shape Would You Like For Your Home?
You’ll need to make sure that you have the right shape, as this will certainly affect the decor in your home. If you have circular lights installed in the ceiling of your living room, then you might want to buy speakers that will match that aesthetic. However, you can also get square shapes that will match any picture frames.
It is worth bearing in mind that you can also have the speakers mounted on the walls, so if you want them to match the picture frames on your wall, then you can have them in a square pattern design.
Are They Moisture Resistant?
Having plenty of moisture in your house can be a common hazard, although you might not think so. This can happen from accumulated body sweat or dampness that you might have in your walls. This moisture can definitely impact the delicate electrics of your speakers, so you’ll need to make sure that they have moisture-proof capabilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can You Power A Bluetooth Speaker?
These ceiling speakers are usually designated as passive speakers, so you’ll have to charge them via a separate amp. When you do this, you won’t have to rely on an external source, although some people like to rig up the power supply in the same corner as their speakers.
Is It Possible To Play Two Wireless Speakers At Once?
Yes, with some models, you can rig up two speakers at once, although this might be quite difficult to achieve with other models of speakers.
You can easily play two speakers at once by altering the settings on your hi-fi or television so that the music or sound from the film plays out of both speakers simultaneously.
How Does The Speaker Depth And Size Effect The Sound?
You can be certain that the depth of the speaker will affect the sound, as you’ll be burying them in the wall. The more you embed your speakers into the wall, then the more you can expect wall vibrations, which might dampen the sound and even cause your objects to slide off their shelves.
Our Final Say
We hope that our list of some of the best ceiling speakers has helped you decide which ones you want to buy for your particular setup and room layout.