According to your hobbies, it is probable that you have come across a vertical record player at some point, either as part of an artistic vinyl setup on Instagram or as a decorative element in someone’s house or place of business.
The fact that these upright record players are not always what they seem to become apparent upon closer inspection, though.
There may be substantial discrepancies in sound quality between record players manufactured by different manufacturers.
Many people who use an upright record player as their primary audio solution have also discovered that their records wear out much more quickly than they do with ordinary, high-quality record players – which, let’s face it, is a genuine bummer. Fortunately, there are several solutions.
Despite the fact that these kinds of record players are uncommon, they make for a fantastic party trick that you can do for your friends and family members, despite their peculiar nature. In addition, what sports fan wouldn’t want to be there and see you set a world record that is still relevant today in the world of sports?
Vertical Turntables We Think You Will Like
If you’ve made the decision that you’d want to learn more about upright record players, you’ve arrived at the proper place. We’ve compiled a list of our top recommendations for the best vertical turntables currently available on the market to help you make the most informed purchasing decision possible.
1. ION IT27
One of the most noticeable characteristics of this record player is that it is wall-mounted in its design. Additionally, it is battery-powered, which eliminates the need to deal with cords if you wish to mount it on a wall or other surface.
The record player is constructed of a sturdy plastic that feels solid in the hand and is almost indestructible. However, because of its ultra-lightweight design, the tonearm – which is likewise ultra-light – is more prone to skipping than the rest of the system. Aside from that, it makes use of a simple cartridge.
The assembly of this vertical turntable is straightforward. It includes all of the mounting hardware you could need. Simply put the batteries in the record player, connect it to the wall, load a record into the player, and press the play button.
Because it is equipped with built-in speakers, there is no need for an extra cable to be used with it. Those looking for an easy, plug-and-play experience will find it to be an excellent pick.
Unfortunately, there are few upgrade choices available for this specific record player. Regardless, you have the option of upgrading the cartridge. Consult the manufacturer’s requirements to find out which cartridge types are compatible with the printer you’re using.
To give a more immersive listening experience, extra speakers or headphones may be utilized in addition to the ones already installed. The last option is to purchase an external power source if you want to fully remove the need for batteries.
In comparison to other record players, this one performs well. There is no problem with the sound quality; it is loud enough to comfortably fill a small apartment. Skipping occurs when the device is placed on the wall, which may be rather uncomfortable in certain situations.
In general, the audio output is erratic and unpredictable. It is very common for the bass to be muddy and lacking in the clarity sought by many audiophiles. Despite this, it is a competent vertical record player in general use and performance.
Last but not least, this is a decent turntable. We would not recommend utilizing it daily, especially given its modest weight and penchant for skipping. Invariably, it will damage your records at a far quicker pace than a standard turntable would do.
The product is well-constructed and provides an acceptable sound quality for the price. In addition, it is cheaply priced, making it a fantastic all-around choice for most people.
- Battery-operated record player: This eliminates the need for unsightly cables.
- Options for wall mounting: A record player mounted on a wall is a terrific complement to any room’s aesthetic.
- An integrated speaker: There is no longer any need for speaker cords or Bluetooth connection concerns.
- Because the built-in speakers are not exceptionally loud, you may choose to connect additional speakers to boost the volume of the audio output.
Also Available At: zzounds
- Wall-Mounted Turntable Plays Records Vertically
- Onboard Speaker With Volume Control
- 33/45 Rpm With 45 Adaptor
The record player from EasyGoProducts features simple controls and built-in speakers, and it comes in a wood finish casing. Although the player is in the vertical position, the magnetic record plate keeps the records that are linked to the player safe and secure.
This record player, which has Bluetooth and an Aux-in for additional playback options, might become your main home music system. The guitar-shaped form of this vertical turntable is without a doubt one of the most visually appealing on our list of vertical turntables.
This EasyGoProducts vertical turntable is simple to assemble; you could almost say it’s a matter of “plug it in and go.”
Based on how you wish to display it in your home, you can either hang it on the wall with the included sturdy mounting brackets or prop it up with the included additional feet and place it on a cabinet, the floor, or a stand with the included feet.
Because of the built-in speakers, you can start listening to your records straight immediately. However, we would like to point out that the audio quality of these internal speakers is very weak, and that connecting to some external speakers, which is a relatively simple operation, may be beneficial.
Although the turntable’s built-in speakers aren’t very impressive at first glance, there are a few things you can do to improve the sound quality you get from this record player in a relatively short period. The first step is to connect your favorite external speakers to your computer.
As this is not often available for record players with built-in speakers, we were overjoyed to see it in this package.
Auxiliary inputs may also be used to play high-quality audio files from an external device, minimizing the likelihood of noise and distortion produced by a damaged record; however, we recognize that this negates the point of owning a record player in the first place.
Even though the audio output of this EasyGoProducts guitar-shaped turntable is rather limited, the flexibility to attach extra speakers should make this a non-issue for most customers. The design is one-of-a-kind and visually appealing. Consequently, we may choose to overlook minor performance difficulties.
As you will undoubtedly discover, many of the vertical turntables on our list, and indeed many of the turntables available on the market, emphasize aesthetics above functionality.
The overall sound quality of the EasyGoProducts guitar-shaped turntable, even though it is unquestionably eye-catching, falls short of some of the other players in this price range.
However, if sound quality and durability are crucial to you, we recommend that you search for something a little more trustworthy instead.
- Variable mounting options: For use on a desk, cabinet, or another substantial surface, this turntable comes with brackets for wall mounting and feet for use on the floor.
- Bluetooth connection: This allows you to stream music to the internal speakers from any Bluetooth-enabled device without having to connect the device to the computer.
- Built-in speakers: There is no need to buy or connect any other equipment to the system. In essence, you may just plug and play.
- The built-in speakers are very sensitive and may easily get damaged if they are used extensively.
Also Available At: Ubuy
- Unique Design – Our unique design acoustic guitar shaped record player is so cool! The must have for all guitar lovers You will be mesmerized by watching the spinning of the record Looks amazing on the wall and creates lots of conversation from your friends and family Looks like the record is literally floating Easy to change records with the magnetic record holder and will not damage in any way your record collection
- Bluetooth & Aux Plugs - Built-in Bluetooth to wirelessly play music from your Bluetooth enabled device No cords needed 3 5mm Aux-in for music from any non-Bluetooth device
- Mounting – This unique design can be mounted on the wall with included bracket Can also be used on top of stereo cabinet dresser or desk with the included optional feet
- Aux Plugs - 3 5mm Aux-in for music from any non-Bluetooth device Aux out left and right so you can play through your stereo system or you can add your own amplified speakers
- - 100% Satisfaction – We are so confident that you will like our vertical turntable that if you return it within 30 days we will give you a full refund on the product price Try it we know you will like it!
Three built-in speakers are included with this record player, which is constructed entirely of plastic. These speakers may be used to play music from various devices in addition to the vertical record player. Moreover, for added security, the record plate is magnetic, which assists in the preservation of the data.
It does not include a pre-amp, on the other hand. It was found by many individuals that it played at a frequency between 300 and 400 hertz. Despite this, the tonearm is weighted to reduce the likelihood of skips and record damage while recording.
There are two cartridges included: a standard cartridge and a stylus. Some customers found that replacing and upgrading these helped to improve the overall sound quality of their system.
This vertical turntable is simple to assemble. Instructions are included. It is supplied with a power wire as well as mounting hardware. Simply plug it in and hang it up to begin using it right away.
You may also use the extra feet that come with the player to set it down on a table or other level surface instead of on the floor. You may also listen to music using headphones or external speakers if you like. Overall, though, it is a quite quick and straightforward setup.
A range of customization options is available for this record player. It is possible to improve your listening experience by connecting your own devices to the built-in speaker connections and aux port.
An external preamplifier may also be used to provide a higher-quality audio output if desired. To summarize, by switching the cartridge and stylus, you may improve the audio quality while reducing the likelihood of breaking a record at the same time.
Despite its inexpensive cost, this record player leaves a lot to be desired in terms of performance. Because of the absence of a suitable built-in preamp, the audio output of the device is of poor quality.
The speakers are also of low quality, with warbled or otherwise distorted sound emanating from them. It is also susceptible to skipping when bumped or jostled, which results in long-term deterioration of the recorded data.
Finally, if you’re searching for a low-cost vertical player with a large number of customization possibilities, this is the best choice. The record player, on the other hand, isn’t all that interesting to look at.
Many of us are dissatisfied with the audio quality, which swings. Furthermore, given how often this record player skips, your records may be burned.
- Auto-Stop System: When the record is finished, the auto-stop system automatically interrupts play, preventing the record from being destroyed.
- Bluetooth connectivity: Using the use of the built-in Bluetooth, you may freely stream music around your house through the built-in speakers.
- Adjustable feet and mounting hardware: The unit may be mounted to a wall using the mounting hardware that is provided. Alternatively, it includes moveable feet, which allow you to raise them and play with them while standing.
- Despite its small size, the player is very sensitive, and the arm often jumps, causing harm to the records it is playing.
Also Available At: Phonostage
- 🎵🔊 Unique design – Our unique design record player is so cool! You will be mesmerized by the watching the spinning of the record. Looks amazing on the wall and creates lots of conversation from your friends and family. Looks like the record is literally floating. Easy to change records with the magnetic record holder and will not damage in any way your record collection.
- 🎵🔊 Bluetooth & aux plugs - built-in Bluetooth to wirelessly play music from your Bluetooth enabled device. No cords needed. 3.5mm aux-in for music from any non-bluetooth device.
- 🎵🔊 mounting – This unique design can be mounted on the wall with included bracket. Can also be used on top of stereo cabinet, dresser or desk with the included optional feet.
- 🎵🔊 aux plugs - 3.5mm aux-in for music from any non-bluetooth device, aux out left and right so you can play through your stereo system or you can add your own amplified speakers.
- 🎵🔊 guarantee - 100% Satisfaction guarantee – we are so confident that you will like our vertical Turntable that if you return it within 30 days, we will give you a full refund on the product price. Try it, we know you will like it!
The features of this record player are many when compared to the other players on our list. It comes with built-in stereo speakers that work in conjunction with the player’s various listening modes to provide a full listening experience.
Auxiliary input, record input, USB input, built-in radio input, and Bluetooth input are all possible. The record player, in addition, is made entirely of wood. Modifications have been made to the record player’s cartridge and stylus to further enhance the listening experience.
The process of configuring your record player is rather basic. Connect your device to the power supply using the power cable that has been supplied. After that, turn the turntable’s on/off switch, which is located on the back of the turntable, to the “on” position.
Audio may be played from several different media sources when that point is reached. External speakers may, of course, be used in conjunction with the system, but they are not essential.
The flexibility to customize this turntable is one of the most appealing aspects of this product. The new version of this turntable is equipped with an Audio Technica AT3600L cartridge, which considerably improves the overall sound quality.
Furthermore, you have the option of replacing the original cartridge with any compatible cartridge. Additional speakers may be added to the turntable, enabling it to be utilized with a higher-quality sound system while it is not in use.
Most of the time, this record player produces a sound that is of low quality. The vertical turntable was not properly positioned. A large number of customers have been compelled to return items as a result of technical difficulties with the audio playback system.
It does, however, come with a reasonable sound system that features highs and lows that are rather muted. Nonetheless, the playback is weak, since it often warps, leading to the loss of the recording.
Even though it has an appealing wood veneer and powerful integrated speakers, this record player eventually fails to work as an actual record player. No matter how you look at it, it boasts a bevy of features that more than make up for the turntable’s deficiencies.
In summary, if you’re looking for a portable media center that also doubles as a turntable for casual listening, this is a fantastic item to consider. The inbuilt speakers on the gadget are rather powerful, and it is capable of playing a wide range of audio formats.
- Handcraft materials: Made completely of authentic, handcrafted ash-tree wood, this piece has an exquisite design and finish.
- Compatible with a range of audio options: It is compatible with a variety of audio playing options, including USB, record, Bluetooth, FM radio, and aux plug-ins.
- Two stereo speakers: With an impedance of 8 ohms and a power output of 5 watts are incorporated for high-quality audio output.
- The system may include a plethora of buttons that are either confusing or redundant.
Also Available At: Fuse Audio
- [DESIGN] Vertical Vintage Yet Modern Design to Show off your Favorite Records
- [CASE] Real Handcrafted Ashtree Wood
- [DRIVE] Belt Driven, plays 3 speeds (78,45, or 33 1/3)
- [Playback] Bluetooth, USB, FM radio, Line in, Alarm Clock
- [ARM] Balanced Tone Arm with Diamond Needle Cartridge
5. SONY PS-F5
Introduced in 1983, the Sony PS-F5 record player is exceptionally well-built equipment with a wide range of capabilities. This gadget, in contrast to many other belt-driven devices, is powered by a direct-drive motor.
However, the motor produces relatively mild vibrations, which may result in increased record skipping as a consequence of the vibrations.
Additionally, it is equipped with linear tracking technology, which reduces the amount of effort required to skate. Finally, it contributes to the preservation of the sound quality of your recordings by decreasing the wear and tear caused by repeated listening to them.
Finally, it is equipped with a two-speed vertical turntable that may be utilized either vertically or horizontally depending on the application.
It takes just minutes to put together this turntable. The primary component of the turntable is intended to be transportable. To run it, you’ll need either an external power source or a set of AA batteries.
After attaching it to a power source or inserting the batteries, you’ll need to connect it to a speaker or headset before you can start using it. Listening to your favorite vinyl record shouldn’t take more than five minutes in most cases.
The PS-F5 is a vintage record player that can be upgraded, despite its old appearance. By changing the cartridge and stylus on your record player, for example, you may improve the sound quality of the machine.
Aside from that, some users have created their custom dust covers in a variety of various colors to match their style. Finally, if you want to listen to your records while driving, you may purchase a car adaptor for your record player.
Comparing the performance of this record player to the other players on our list, it comes out on top. While the sound quality of the basic cartridges leaves much to be desired, they exceed their competitors in terms of performance.
A large number of consumers have found that an updated cartridge is compatible with their record player and that they have no problems with it.
It also has a lengthy shelf life, which is a plus. According to several customers, this turntable has the potential to last a lifetime when cared for and maintained in the appropriate manner. In general, this is a well-made piece of equipment or furniture.
Even though many vertical players are of mediocre quality, this one stands out. For more than two decades, the clientele has been using this record player with no issues whatsoever.
Furthermore, it is easy to update to guarantee that it continues to match your current requirements. Because of the gadget’s design, which allows you to make use of its audio output, you get what you paid for with this item.
- Several power options: AA batteries or an external power source may be used to power this device.
- Different ways to operate: The record player may be operated either while laying down or while standing up, depending on where the record player is located.
- Designed for ease of use: If you prefer to use the record player while standing up but later decide to lay it down, the feet swivel and can be simply tucked into the base of the record player to save space.
- Skipping occurs while the record player is upright and is caused by natural movement vibrating or jostling the record player.
Also Available At: Hifishark
Creating a high-quality vertical turntable is a source of great pride for Gramovox. The walnut or maple wood used in the construction of the record player’s body gives it a smooth and polished look. Aside from that, it boasts two built-in stereo speakers that provide a superior music quality experience.
In addition to the carbon fiber tonearm, an AT95E diamond-tip cartridge is used to complete the setup. Finally, the vibration-absorbing feet ensure that you never miss a beat when you’re playing your favorite music.
The process of configuring this record player is rather basic. Like the other players on our list, the AC adapter that comes with the player must be plugged in before it can be used. In addition, the drive belt that comes with the unit must be fitted.
Following the completion of these procedures, you are now prepared to begin listening to recordings. Depending on your degree of experience with installing belts, the whole process should take no more than a half-hour to complete.
There are many methods by which this gadget may be modified. However, because of the way the player is designed, many people do not feel forced to utilize them.
You are, however, free to change the cartridge and stylus as often as needed. In addition, you may attach extra speakers to the system to improve the overall listening experience.
This is one thing that almost everyone who has tried the Gramovox Floating Record player would agree on: it is a very remarkable record player. The audio quality is superb throughout the whole album.
It captures highs and lows with precision – and the integrated speakers keep up with the demands of the song. Even though it is not a perfect record player and does have a few drawbacks, it fulfills almost every audiophile’s requirements.
This record player is typically more costly than a good deal of the other items on this list, which is to be expected. It is undeniably beneficial, though, to make the financial commitment.
This record player is not only functional, but it is also aesthetically pleasing. Additionally, the majority of customers are unconcerned about the wear and tear on their records while using this player, making it an aesthetically attractive and high-quality option.
- Inbuilt preamp: This allows for a more immersive listening environment.
- Two full-range stereo speakers: Provide a high-quality audio experience no matter where you are sitting about the speakers.
- Designed for audio clarity: Footpads with vibration-absorbing properties have been added to prevent slipping and scratching.
- Accidental over-tightening of the record clamp has the potential to cause irreversible damage to recordings.
Also Available At: Kick Starter
The Pro-Ject vertical turntable is distinguished by several characteristics. You could, for example, place this record player on a wall or set it upright on its vibration-dampening feet to play records. Also included is Bluetooth technology, which allows for a quick and smooth connection to your favorite speakers.
If you use it in combination with an integrated preamp and an Ortofon OM5E cartridge, you can easily produce high-quality sound. Finally, the tonearm is made completely of lightweight aluminum, which helps to prevent your records from suffering from early wear and tear over time.
Finally, this belt-driven record player is remarkable for being available in two different configurations — one for users who are left-handed and one for right-handed users.
The setup of this record player is very simple, to the point of being almost unbelievable. Simply connect the belt that comes with the record player and plug it into an electrical outlet to start listening to your favorite vinyl records.
After that, connect your favorite speakers to your computer through Bluetooth, and you’re set to go.
Even though there are just a few upgrades accessible for the record player, there are a few choices. While many customers are satisfied with the cartridge and pen that come with the package, there is an option to upgrade to a compatible version.
Aside from that, the record player is equipped with two distinct settings – one for right-handed users and another for left-handed users – that make queueing up your favorite records a breeze.
In reality, it will be difficult to find negative comments regarding this record player on the internet. All of these machines are calibrated and equalized in-house before being sent, ensuring that you get a high-quality record player.
As a consequence of its innovative design, the record player itself does not skip often and is less likely to permanently harm records than other players. There are no built-in speakers, which means that the overall audio quality is almost endless.
However, some people claim that they can hear sharp highs and rich lows even while using inexpensive speakers of deep sound quality.
Choosing this product is an excellent decision if you’re seeking a high-quality product that will undoubtedly give an incredible listening experience.
The statement that it will be hard to discover a negative review for this product is not an exaggeration on our part. Although the design is vertical, it gives the highest level of audio quality possible.
- Built to deliver: There is an inbuilt preamp for improved sound output as part of this package.
- Threaded clamps: This attaches the record to the turntable with ease, giving the impression that it is floating in the air on the table.
- Bluetooth transmitter: This has been included to allow for a simple connection to external speakers to be made.
- When it comes to Bluetooth communication, there are a variety of concerns to contend with, including frequent failures and connection problems.
Also Available At: Hificorner
- Completely factory-adjusted for instant playback and super easy setup
- BT Audio transmitter and onboard preamp for seamless wireless connectivity
- Silicone belt drive and low-vibration motor for quiet, dynamic playback
- Threaded clamp secures record to the vertical platter
- 8. 6” lightweight aluminum tone arm with included ortofon om5e cartridge
Vinyl has been revived as a viable means of communication. We’re looking for the sensation of holding a huge vinyl record in our hands, inserting the needle, and playing that atmospheric sound, having progressed from records to cassettes, CDs, and MP3s.
Or maybe you’ve been keeping your old vinyl records in the attic for years and want to dust them out and rediscover those treasured memories.
You may have seen various aesthetically stunning record players earlier, but with so many options available, it might be difficult to know where to start. And, certainly, there are several considerations when buying one, which is why we’ve created this checklist of what to look for when purchasing a record player.
While this may seem self-evident, it is advisable to create a budget before doing extensive research. With costs ranging from $60 for a Denver VPL-120 to $1200 for a top-of-the-line model, it’s important to develop a budget to guide your search.
The opportunity to listen to high-quality vinyl music is sometimes the most compelling reason to purchase a record player. A record player’s sound quality is determined by the needle (the stylus), the audio components, and the materials utilized. Often, powerful musicians have a larger physique.
Size And Portability
Is it critical for you to be able to transfer a record player easily? You like listening to such music in various places and at various times.
Or do you like to bring a record player to a party at a friend’s house? Following that, choose a portable record player. With a handle and folding locks, portable record players are ideal for transporting in the same way like a suitcase.
Naturally, it’s essential to choose a record player that complements your décor and fits comfortably in your living area. Retro record players come in a variety of forms and may be quite the conversation piece.
Alternatively, is the character of your décor more industrial? Alternatively, if you want a more minimalist or contemporary look, there are several versions available in a single color with a glossy or matte finish. Do you have an interior decorated in a vintage style?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Turntables Worth It?
If you want to listen to music on vinyl in the future, this is very advantageous. When you invest, it is pointless to leave it to gather dust in the corner of your room. You should pursue vinyl if you have a strong interest in it. If you want to listen to music on vinyl in the future, this is very advantageous.
Do Turntables Sound Better?
The answer is entirely dependent on what you’re comparing it with. Are they more enjoyable to listen to than an MP3? Vinyl, without a doubt, takes first place in this contest.
But how does it stack up against a CD? That’s a bit more difficult to do. Those who like vinyl believe that since it is an analog format throughout the production process (from recording to pressing to playback), it faithfully reproduces what the artist achieved in the studio.
How Do Vertical Turntables Work?
When it comes to the numerous different types of record players that are now available, we are spoiled for choice. Vertical record players are one specialty that has recently grabbed the curiosity of a lot of individuals. They have achieved this as a result of their innovative and forward-thinking approach to sound engineering.
Whether or whether you acquire a vertical record player is totally up to you. Their appearance is undeniably stunning, and they are available in a wide range of sizes and designs, ranging from gigantic antique players to sleek modern electronics.
You may learn more about the differences between automatic and manual record players by visiting this page. However, when it comes to music quality, you could be better off investing in a standard, horizontal record player, since they don’t skip as often and consistently provide good sound quality as a vertical record player.